Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday Thoughts...

Did Kenny Rodgers cheat? I don’t think so. First, it’s amazing the scrutiny players face today and the power of the camera. We all remember Major League!!!

Eddie Harris: Of course if the umps are watching me real close I'll rub a little jalapeño up my nose, get it runnin', and if I need to load the ball up I just... wipe my nose.
Rick Vaughn: You put snot on the ball?
Eddie Harris: I haven't got an arm like you, kid. I have to put anything on it I can find. Someday you will too.

In all seriousness, Kenny Rodgers pitched a gem with or without that stuff on his hand. The Cards looked baffled (except Rolen) all night.

The Series goes back to STL 1-1. Quite an accomplishment for the Cardinals… since they now send their 2 best pitchers against the Tigers. The Cards pitching staff is clearly inferior to the Tigers so they need their 2-5 hitters to produce runs. Let’s face it, Weaver pitched a fine game but the bats need to support him. The pitching staff has pitched good enough to give the bats a chance to make this a real series.

What’s going in the NFL?

The Eagles lost on a 62 yard FG!?!?!?! A 62 yarder? He might as well have toe kicked ala Jack Dempsey. The Chargers lost on a 53 yard FG, the Raiders won a game, the Texans totally bagged the Jaguars, and the Seahawks took a major blow losing their QB. What does this all mean?

The Vikings have solidified the 2nd spot behind Da Bears and could sneak into a wild card spot. The Rams have a tough upcoming schedule but could leapfrog the Seahawks. The Eagles are still in charge of the NFC East. Their 3 loses (collapse vs. the GMen, 62 yard FG, and last second FG in New Orleans) are all tough luck loses. They will recover.

The BCS vaulted Michigan above USC.
FINALLY!!

The National Championship game is on November 18th.

Unfortunately, UCLA forgot how to cover receivers and forgot how to tackle allowing ND an escape on Saturday. I’m reduced to cheering for USC to eliminate ND from the BCS. This is very sad. I also am cheering for Cal to knock USC out of the unbeaten ranks so the BCS championship game = rematch of Nov 18th.

No comments: