Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Cheers and Jeers has been Cancelled

Cheers and Jeers has been canceled this week on account of blood vengeance. I know I know I too look forward to cheering and jeering but the stakes this week are just too high for pithy comments and irreverent commentary. Our collective cities of the BSD are representing 1/2 of all teams playing in the MLB playoffs. At such given the high level of tension and rage I will be unable to write much until the air is cleared. Just a few FUs before I go off the air.....

Up yours Selig, TBS, TNT and whoever else set up the playoff times. Tribe v. Yanks on a Friday at 5 pm , are you insane? Honestly, watching Selig try to explain himself is like watching a bunch of monkeys hump a doorknob. In theory its comical but since you need that doorknob your just fucking pissed. Some of us work for a living. (this of course is in theory as I certainly don't).

Fuck you ESPN. The sun does not rise and fall on the page 2 rumors of A-Rod's contract status. We have exciting baseball playoffs and yet somehow that bit of information that there are other stories besides A-Rod's cologne contract or whatever is unable to penetrate their lizard brain. STOP IT. Please just analyze baseball. Please have playoff analysis as the lead story. If I wanted to read crappy stories that in no way shape or form relate to whats happening I'd read the Washington Post.

Your Youtube Clip of the Week
: Ed Norton in 25th Hour (NSW)
Facts that grinds Publius' gears - Spears lost custody of her two sons this week. Publius was so depressed that I think he ate an entire cookie cake. Oh and maybe something about kids not having health insurance.


And your Blood Vengeance Gal of the Week.... In honor of Oktoberfest. I don't know or care who she is, I just care about what she's carrying....


No comments: