Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Week 7 – This one’s for you AC!

The Cleveland Indians baseball team started playing a new second baseman late in the season – Asdrubal Cabrera. The radio guys keep calling him AC, because it’s easier to say. So, I’ve taken it a step further and decided to call him AC Slater! This week’s picks are all in honor of AC Slater and all the other characters at Bayside from Saved by the Bell

Manwich Matchup of the Week
Indy @ Jacksonville- I’m really torn over this game. However, the Colts had a bye week to prepare for this game. I looked back, and since Dungy joined the Colts in 2002, they’ve won every game except for one after a bye week – when in 2004 they lost to Jacksonville! However, the Jags have yet to face one potent offense yet this season, so I’m expecting some shell shock. It'll be just like when Bayside beat Valley in football AND chess.
Pick: Colts

Upset of the Week
Baltimore @ Buff- Return to Buffalo for Willis McGahee! I guarantee you there will be some boos raining down. It’s like when AC Slater tried to be a DJ on KKTY as a sportscaster. He was awful I tell you. I’m going with the Bills, only because I think Kyle Boller is starting.
Pick: Buffalo

Arizona @ Washington- Now that the Cardinals lost Leinart and probably Kurt Warner, it ain’t gonna be fun this weekend… there’s really not much else to say about this game, other than the fact that Warner’s wife is ugly. She probably would retaliate against us for calling her ugly, and then the following lines could occur:
“Slater, haven't you heard of the Women's Movement?”
Slater: Sure...”Put on something cute and MOVE it into the kitchen."

Pick: Washington

Atl @ New Orleans- Finding out that Vick wasn’t playing this year was very shocking to coach Petrino. But it wasn’t as much of a shock as what Screech went through once…
Screech: Zack, something terrible has just happened.
Zack: You found out "Alf" was a puppet?
Screech: He is?

Pick: New Orleans

Minny @ Dallas- I wonder if Tony Romo follows the AC Slater rules to pleasing women?
Jessie: Slater, since we're together, I think we should share the household chores.
Slater: Sure, you cook & I'll eat.
Pick: Dallas

New England @ Miami- Zack: Every time I call her she's washing her hair! Who washes their hair six times a day?
Slater: You do!

Do you think Tom Brady does that with his hair?
Pick: New England

San Fran @ Giants- Now that the G-men have won a number of games in a row, Eli thought he’d try out AC Slater’s favorite pickup line:
Slater: Hey, mama, wanna have a burger with a real man?
Pick: Giants

Tampa @ Detroit- I heard that this nugget of wisdom is posted in Coach Chucky’s office…
Slater: [talking to Jessie] Guys are great at math. It's just a shame you weren't born a man.
Pick: Tampa

Tennessee @ Houston- In honor of old-man Kerry Collins possibly starting this weekend for the Titans…
Mr. Belding: Hey, now I can identify with that. This may come as a surprise to you, but when I was your age, I wasn't... well, you know... the hunk I am now!
Pick: Houston

KC @ Oakland – Is this relevant? Probably not…
Lisa: Well, Screech, maybe you're pregnant.
Screech: Oh, don't be ridiculous, Lisa. I'm not even married.

Pick: Oakland

Jets @ Cincy- In the words of Mr. Belding: “Hey, hey, hey. *What* is going *on* here?” Answer: I have absolutely no idea! The Bengals are now 1-7 in their last 8 games! They are one of the worst teams in the league I suppose. Yet, it seems like this is another winnable game. I clearly have a problem.
Pick: Cincy

Chicago @ Philly- Rex Grossman is still a QB. And in the words of AC Slater…
Lisa: What's wrong Kelly?
Kelly: Men, especially Zack Morris.
Slater: Hey, don't judge us by our worst specimen.
Pick: Philly

St. Louis @ Seattle- Every week for the Rams has been similar. They play with fear! It’s like when Jessie Spano was all hyped up on those caffeine pills. “I’m so excited! I’m so excited! I’m so… SCARED!”
Pick: Seattle

Pitt @ Denver- I wonder if Roethlisberger treated school the way Zack Morris did?
Zack: I like school. It's a good way to kill time between weekends. It gives me five days to plan my Saturday night.
Pick: Pitt

Last Week: 7-6
Season: 54-35
Manwich: 6-0 (The Patriots laid down another smackdown)
Upset of the Week: 2-4 (Eagles won a crap-fest versus the Jets).

No comments: