Thursday, December 22, 2005

Cheers and Jeers: Extended Jail Sentence Version

Extend Jail Sentence
  • 1/2 oz Jack Daniels
  • 1/2 oz Southern Comfort
  • 1/2 oz Gold tequila (Jose Cuervo)
  • 1 splash Pineapple juice (optional)
  • Ice cubes

    Well its been a little time since I've done some cheering and jeering since I've been busy with work, plus the flying monkey battles, and the threatening letters to the President of FOX (I'll get you Rupert Murdoch) but the show must go on so without further ado...
Jeers: To Daunte Culpepper. Who would've ever thought that Daunte would go from an MVP candidate last year to a washed up, injury riddled, maybe traded away, gee I hope I don't I have to experience an extended jail sentence type player. I mean Dante should consider trying NASCAR given how fast he managed to wreck his career.

Cheers: To the battle of the MAC quarterbacks. Ben Roethlisberger out of Miami of Ohio facing off against his long time friend and curling partner, Charlie Frye out of Akron. In recent years the mighty mini-conference of the MAC has had an incrediable record with QBs. Alongside Roethlisberger and Frye, Pennington and Leftwhich are both MAC products. Look from Bruce Gradkowski out of Toledo and probably Omar Jacobs out of Bowling Green to be drafted and add to the distinguished list of MAC alumni.

Jeers: To the continuing trends of crappy mustaches. Case in point Adam Morrison. Yes your probably the best player in the NCAA at the moment (averaging over 25 pts a game out in Gonzaga. Does anyone know if Gonzaga has a campus? I feel like there's a basketball court and a Starbucks and thats the school). Anyway if your going to grow a mustache make in regal. Give it handlebars. Or take tips from Cowher as to how to get it to make you look intimidating. I can't decide if Morrison's 'stache reminds me of a middle schooler or a fraternity hazing prank.

Cheers: Speaking of Gonzaga, Ronny Turiaf is back on the basketball court. Six months after open heart surgery Turiaf is playing in the CBA in hopes of getting back into professional basketball shape. I always liked Turiaf hard work. He reminded me of Charles Oakley. Today's funny fact , Turiaf will play for the Yakama Sun Kings which is owned by the Yakama Tribe. I think it would be fun to play for a Native American Tribe.

Jeers: David Brooks. Oh how I loathe David Brooks. His latest article over the spying scandal stated that the President gave the executive order to avoid cumbersome paperwork. I'm not going to give my opinion on the matter but avoiding cumbersome paperwork is not a good reason. I have to suffer with cumbersome paperwork, anyone associated with the government has to suffer from cumbersome paperwork and no one person should be above cumbersome paperwork. I don't like students who whine they have too much work and certainly don't like people who whine about paperwork.

Anyway speaking of the Constitution, to finish up a little Dave Barry Hits Below the Beltway

Amendment XI Citizens talking loudly into cellular phones shall be aware that all the other citizens hate them.

No comments: