Friday, December 09, 2005

Shut The Fuck Up

I'll be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about hockey. I don't want to know much about hockey and I don't need to know much about hockey. But unless the rules of the lockerroom are different in hockey than they are in real sports then someone should tell Sidney Crosby to shut the fuck up.

He might turn out to be better than Gretzky, Lemieux, Howe, Hull and all the other superstar players in history but NO ONE and I mean NO ONE should ever rip on their teammates when they have less than 60 days of service time accrued in their profession. If Crosby retired tomorrow, he'd have made no impact on the game. None. He'd be forgotten in a year's time.

I don't know anything about Crosby so I won't venture to guess his personality or the kind of teammate he might become one day. But as a completely objective observer, all I can say is that he's making a terrible impression on people who are being marketed to with Crosby as the future of the game. You'll never get people to buy into hockey if the league poster-child is doing a T.O. in his first few months on the job.

No comments: