Thursday, December 22, 2005

Marketing in the Thin Air

Since baseball has only been the Hot Stove Heater on the blog, I figured I would talk about something that I think is a great marketing deal for my new hometown team, the Colorado Rockies. I am not sure if they are doing this because their ticket sales have fallen off for the year or what, but I think it is a great idea. This year the Colorado Rockies are offering something called the Rockies Pass. It is a card that is 99 dollars that enables people to get tickets for the Pavilion section 48 hours in advance for 32 games. For those of you that haven't been to Coors Field, the Pavilion section is in left field just under the scoreboard, not bad seats, especially for catching those 500 feet drives. The 32 games are basically the interdivision games with most of them primarily whole series in April, May and September. The non division games are against the Reds, Astros, Phillies, Brew Crew, Pirates, Nats and Bravos. This package is basically great for those of us who love baseball and don't mind seeing whole series. I was just wondering if any of you knew of any type of package in the MLB or basketball or any other sports. I think it is a steal, the games basically come out to about 3 dollars a game, which is 12 dollars less than market price of the ticket. I bought 2 seats for myself and my girlfriend. If anyone wants to come out Denver and see a game, let me know.

No comments: