Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Ah the wonderful city of Las Vegas

Well I am back from Las Vegas and I still have the title to my car along with my ATM card and my little nephew. I stayed at TI (Treasure Island) and I have to say that Las Vegas has definately gotten a little bit more expensive in the food department but if you are sitting in the sports book all you need is long island ice tea after long island ice tea. I did quite well in the sports book getting 7 out of 8 games correct and even managed to win a three team parlay of Dallas, Jacksonville and Buffalo...which pays a nice 7-1. After the whole weekend was over, I made enough to pay for the room and all the food and drinks from the weekend and what more can you like.

Last night we got our first snow of the year in the mountains in Denver which is pretty unreal because it didn't normally snow in Ohio until December if at all. With the brisk air and snow, that could only mean one thing, football season is upon us. Fall is my favorite season for sports, with the opening of college and pro football (with Michigan normally losing one game by the end of September and breaking all UM fan's hearts who hoped for a national championship) and playoff fever in baseball. I am heading the way of Scott Rolen, Kerry Wood, Rob Nen, Shawn Green and a few other people and having arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn labrum next week. I will be placed on the injury reserve, but should be in Phoenix come March for spring training for the Rockies. I probably will not be able to blog during my recovery because of the percocet and the fact that I will have one arm, but I will be an avid reader throughout it.

No comments: