Friday, September 23, 2005

Just Wondering

Since we've seen what "Pronk" can do, I'm just wondering what the Rangers would be like if they'd traded Hank Blalock and kept Travis Hafner instead. Not that Blalock's bad or anything but I don't think he's quite as good as people originally predicted (there'll always be room for a 30-homer hitting third baseman at my table, just so we're clear that I'm not bashing Hank).

What if Mark Teixeira were the Rangers third baseman (his original position) and Pronk were manning first base? Would the Rangers "O" be even sicker than it already is? I shudder to think what Hafner could do in a lineup with Soriano, Teixeira and Michael Young down in Coors Field South. Pronk and Big Tex could be a younger version of Manny and Big Papi.

Anyway, just asking for the sake of it. I wonder if the Rangers have any regrets. I wonder if they wish they'd gotten more for him.

No comments: