Friday, September 16, 2005

Week 2

As we enter Week 2 of the NFL season, my faith in both the Jesus powered Cardinals and the Mike Martz's powered Rams dropped my initial 3-1 record to a 3-3 Week 1 record. In response to this dilemma, I have responded with two strategies: (a) unabashed, unapologetic hedonism and (b) nihilism.

The first strategy allows appealing but self-destructive evening activities and the second strategy allows me to wear tight black jeans, talk in a funny accent like Karl Hungus, and keep a ferret (nice marmot) as a pet.

Week 1 Lessons:
New England still has a potent offense but the defense is mortal. Keys loses in the secondary (Ty Law) and the line backing core (Tedy Bruschi) give the Colts life.

Wow- the Falcons can move on defense and they can hit.
I was impressed with both the speed and the power of the Falcons defense (yes, defense). Who is that #97 on the line? Mighty Mike, why didn’t you send me the memo?

Dick "I win Superbowls in three years" Vermeil is at it again in Kansas City. Let us remember the Rams progression. Year 1 = make a splash. Year 2 = Suspect defense exposed. Year 3 = superbowl victory with improved defense. Year 4 = lose to New England in superbowl (bummer). When is Martz going to be fired?

Ohhh, and when is Martz going to be fired?

Week 2 picks:
Saints over the G-Men (I like the punishment)
Chargers defeat the Broncos
Falcons
Colts
Bucs
The Bengals defeat the Vikings
KC (watch out AFC...)
Jets (are the fins for real?)
Cowboys beat the Skins.
Pats.
Lions.
Ouch... yes, I'll pick the Rams. It hurts but I'm taking the leap again this week.

No comments: