Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Quick Tidbit

Tidbit #1: Bill Belichick said that he wants the NFL to get instant replay cameras set up at the goal line. That makes a lot of sense and I'm very surprised that the NFL hasn't done so already. I think back to 1998 when Vinny Testaverde of the Jets was credited with a TD when replays clearly showed him a full yard and a half (4 1/2 feet!) away from the endzone. The resulting Jets win over the Seahawks was the nail in the coffin on Seattle's season. That should've been reason enough for the NFL to have gotten goal line cams.

However, since I see weakness on the part of the Patsies and I'm someone that loves to pick on the weak and infirmed, I resent the fact that Belichick is making his pitch for goal line cams as part of his bitch-session in the aftermath of his team's crappy performance. If he thought Stephen Davis didn't get into the endzone, he should've thrown the challenge flag. He screwed it up and now he wants do-overs. F*ck all that. Bill got outcoached and he is trying to deflect attention away from it. God I hope this continues. The NFL needs to get some good old-fashioned Pat-Hating out there. Lets all hate on the Pats. It'll be fun!

Tidbit #2: With all due respect and sympathy for the victims of Hurricane Katrina, can we please stop using "America's Team" to describe the New Orleans Saints? I just read Dan Shanoff's latest installment of verbal diarrhea and it reminded me of a point my friend Stanny Jake made over the weekend. If your favorite NFL team was playing the Saints, would you actually be rooting against your own team? So when Shanoff tries to incite rage by saying that Giants fans and Giants Stadium was inhospitable to "America's Team" all I can say is, what the hell did you expect? Don't blame Giants fans for rooting for the Giants. Don't blame anyone for not getting all mushy about the Saints. I'm sorry their year is going to suck but I'm more sorry for the corpses floating around downtown New Orleans or the fact that thousands of people and pets lost their homes. Enough with the Saints already! They're freakin' millionaires. They can pool their money and rent the Ritz Carlton in every city they visit for a month if they want. They're the New Orleans Saints, not the United States of America Saints.

No comments: