Monday, September 12, 2005

MMBSD: Why do Ref's hate my team?

Well its time for this year's Mighty Mike blatant rip off of Peter King...Monday Morning Back Seat Driver. Its kind of like being a Monday Morning Quarterback however MMQB's merely second guess decision...Monday Morning Back Seat driver's are ornery and not necessarily sane cause they have a meeting to go to or they don't have enough coffee so the rant that comes out is completely and totally incoherent. Thats me. So here goes:

Why do Ref's hate my team?
I'm pretty sure there's some sort of directive in professional and possibly college football that determines that teams I root for get screwed over. What did I do to the refs? So I accidently had sex with one or three of their wives but is that fair to take it out on me? The Michigan game had the pass interference that should have been called wasn't (well truth be told the Wolverines looked more lifeless than a dead rock. They had no heart , couldn't tackle and Lloyd Carr wheel o'play calling should have had more than 3 plays on it), the OSU game had the pass interference that shouldn't have been called (due to their loss I've given up wearing sweatervests on gameday). Don't even get me started on the Browns v. Bungals game. 2 touchdowns were called back with phantom holding calls. To top it off on one drive the ref actually knocked the ball down to stall a key Cleveland drive. As such dear ref's I'm sorry for whatever I did to you...please stop screwing over my teams.

Things I'm Happy About
America's team (the New Orleans Saints) won. As Haslett said by winning they give a brighter moment to the over one million displaced survivors of the gulf region and keep them in the news. Contrary to Tom Delay, their current experience isn't "fun" nor is staying at the Astrodome like "camp". Keep up the good work Saints.

Andre Agassi getting to the finals. In one of the best old timer runs (best since Jimmy Connors made it to the Semi-Finals at age 39) Andre showed that he really is one of the all time greats. He just met a buzz saw known as Federer. I don't think I've ever come across a more anonymous dominating champion in my lifetime than Federer.

Ravens getting their brains beaten in by the Colts. All of you out there in pundit land that said the Ravens were winning the North forgot one thing...they have no offense. No offense (with our without Boller) means the defense is on the field the whole game and by the end you don't have a dominating defense (see last night against the Colts). My only hope is that the syphillis racked body of Brian Billick is finally fired and turned over to the authorities for being a jerk.

Things to Note and Other Random Info
Green Bay is going down hard this year. Walker is hurt. The defense looks awful. Favre looked like a lost puppy after the DETROIT LIONS held him out of the end zone. I feel bad that Favre is going to go out on this kind of year. Coaches on the hot seat already...Mike Martz, Mike Holmgren, Mike Tice (apparently Mike is a bad first name this year). Is JP Losman's this year Ben Roethlisberger? Could be. Last year only one team that lost their opener went on to the playoffs. Switching to baseball...Marlins need to win the series against Houston this week. Oakland and Tribe is my big baseball series this week. Why is Barry back again? There's only one thing that I'm rooting for when it comes to Barry...it starts with tearing and it ends with ACL.

No comments: