Monday, September 19, 2005

October Fever in the air

Ok, since I will not be able to type for the next couple of weeks, I figured I would do my own predictions for the MLB standings and playoffs. It might be early but I am not going to be able to give my opinion for a while so here goes.

NL Central: Cardinals-Easy to predict since they have already clinch the division.

NL West: Padres-Although they should be disallowed to go in and there should be two teams from the NL East that go in.

NL East: When the Braves, Bobby Cox and Leo Mazzone don't win a division title, I will say that they are vulnerable, but until that happens this will be the 1000 straight NL East win. The last time they didn't win the title, there was a war in Iraq, Bush was president and I had my learners permit and was tormenting the people of Ohio...oh wait that is this year too, might want to rethink my pick.

NL Wildcard: I gotta like Clemens, Petitte, Oswalt down the stretch..plus they play 4 against the Pirates and 6 against the Cubs, is there any better opponents to go up against. Leading into the AL...

AL Central: There is a better opponent to go up against and that is KC and TB. Even though I don't think they will go far in the playoffs, you gotta like their chances getting there. Even if they split the series with the Black Sox (which I think they will take 4 of 6) they have KC and TB as the other games...I see the White Sox losing two of the games with Minny and one of the games against the Tigers...so I give the up to the Tribe.

AL West: I like the Angels of the OC better than Oakland because Oakland plays Minny as their out of division game and the Angels play TB...that should be enough.

AL East: Although I would like everyone to shut up at ESPN and other New England ball lickers, I have to go with the Red Sox...the division will go down to the final game in Fenway and I say that Boston wins 2 of the 3 games.

AL Wild Card: NY Yankees...I say that they edge out the Black Sox after Frank Thomas explodes and Ozzie Guillen just starts going off on Chief Wahoo after the Tribe win the division.

Playoffs: Padres-Braves Gotta go with the Braves however they always seem to choke during the offseason...I think Bobby Cox starts thinking about the golf course...but I can't think of any other pitcher that I would want to have than John Smoltz. He is 12-4 with a 2.72 ERA in the post season.

Cards-Astros: Cards...although I love Rocket, Pettite et al...just don't think they can match up with the lineup of the Cards

NLCS: Cards over the Braves...because the Braves can't seem to get to the next level

ALDS: Injuns-Yanks...the Indians run will end in the Bronx; Red Sox-Angels...Bill Simmons will be a happy man, although...

Just as the Pats will not win the Super Bowl this year...all of the ESPN reporters will shut up because the Cards are going to win their 9th WS Championship. What better way to close up the Busch, with a win over the Red Sox.

No comments: