Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Barry Bonds

I'm not happy he's back but I'm happy that I threw a bullseye on the call (not that it was such hard thing to predict). As if my baseball season wasn't going badly enough with the Yanks sucking wind and the prospect of another Red Sox, or worse, a White Sox World Series, now I have to sit here hoping against reason that the mythic status of Babe Ruth will be cut down by an arrogant cheater with absolutely no respect for the game, his teammates, his opponents or really anyone not named Barry Lamar Bonds. Could 2005 end on a shittier note for Yankee fans?

The only consolation is that football season is here and I can think about more important things like my fantasy teams and how the Giants might have actually drafted well for a change (Brandon Jacobs, where have you been all my life?!).

Anyway, sorry Hitman, you swung and missed on your Barry prediction like Nomar Garciaparra with men on base in a tight game.

No comments: