Sunday, September 04, 2005

NFL Cuts

I don't know where Dick Cheney is but he's certainly not in NFL training camps around the country. And, after last night, neither are David Terrell, Quentin Griffin, Jesse Palmer or Hugh Douglas.

The Palmer and Douglas cuts weren't so shocking. I'm stunned that the Broncos cut Quentin Griffin on the heels of the Clarett fiasco. Now they're going into 2005 with Tatum Bell, Ron Dayne and Mike Anderson as their three backs. I may be wrong but I've never seen Bell or Dayne last a whole season without getting hurt or pouting their way off the active roster. What exactly is Shanahan thinking? I don't think Griffin was that good, per se, but he was a decent 3rd down back. Oh well. I've tried to defend Shanahan long enough. He's on his own. It's my sincere wish that Ron Dayne break an ankle on his second carry of the season and be done for the year (the first carry should be a 3rd & 1 with Fatty Dayne running his giant behind right into his lead blocker for a loss of 2, as usual).

I don't have much to say on David Terrell being cut except for expressing joy. He sucked for the Bears and I really didn't want yet another rescued player to end up on the Pats and do well. I'm tired of hearing about how smart Bill Belichick is and I'm tired of hearing about how wonderful Tom Brady is. Screw 'em both. Tom Brady's as lucky as he is good. If Adam Vinatieri blows any kicks, Tom Brady is no hero, he's just a photogenic kid with the good fortune of having a great defense get him further into the playoffs than he ever deserved to go. With David Terrell gone, no more having to hear about how the former UM teammates will re-establish their magic from the college days. I'm officially rooting VERY VERY hard for anyone (even the Dallas Cowboys) to put us out of our Patriots misery. No more New England championships, please. $100 to the first D-tackle that knocks out one of Brady's teeth or breaks his nose.

No comments: