Thursday, September 20, 2007

Week 3 - Attack of the Strippers

Manwich Matchup of the Week-
Dallas @ Chicago –Early NFC bragging rights on the line… I like Dallas’ offense to continue its hot streak.
Pick: Dallas

Upset of the Week -
Minnesota @ KC – This is the easiest upset of the week in a long time, at least on paper. I’ll take the ferocious Viking defense anyday over the Chiefs. We just have to make sure that Tarvaris Jackson/Kelly Holcomb/Randall Cunningham/Wade Wilson throws only 3 INTs.
Pick: Minnesota

Cleveland @ Oakland - A winning streak occurs when you win more than one game in a row. The Brown’s last winning streak occurred back in… 2003! Pick: Cleveland

Indy @ Houston – No, I’m not believing in the Texans still… at least not against the Colts.
Pick: Indy

San Diego @ Green Bay – The Packers still don’t have major credibility in my mind, despite most middle-age white men believing Brett Favre is as credible as he was in 1997.
Pick: San Diego

Detroit @ Philly – Maybe I should wake up and smell the coffee. But I keep wanting to believe the Eagles will turn it around.
Pick: Philly

Buff @ New England – The Pats don’t even need Zapruder films on each team. See, they can still win games w/o a strategic advantage.
Pick: New England

Miami @ NY Jets – What a crap-tacular affair. Coach Cammy vs. Coach Mangina sounds like an awful, unwatchable event between two strippers that are actually cross-dressers who are going to try and hit each other with their purses.
Pick: NY Jets

San Fran @ Pittsburgh – I’m afraid they’ll be calling for Alex Smith’s head after this game.
Pick: Pittsburgh

Arizona @ Baltimore – The Cardinals took down the Seahawks, but I doubt they can take down Baltimore. The weird thing is, at this moment, no one has beaten the Whizz on a Sunday! No one! Granted, their first game was on a Monday.
Pick: Baltimore

St. Louis @ Tampa Bay- This could be a real interesting game. I’m almost afraid that St. Louis is just incapable w/o Orlando Pace… things could get ugly in St. Louis after this one.
Pick: Tampa Bay

Jacksonville @ Denver- Denver’s been squeaking out victories against mediocre competition. I guess the question becomes whether Jacksonville is mediocre, or whether they just haven’t hit their stride yet.
Pick: Denver

Cincy @ Seattle – Both teams are coming off extremely disappointing losses, meaning this game will be played with a lot of passion and INTENSITY. When you don’t know what to do, you gotta go with the AFC. Pick: Cincy

CAR @ Atlanta – I wish I could tell if CAR’s defense is bad enough to give up 31 points to the Texans, or whether the Texans are just that good on offense.
Pick: CAR

New York Giants @ Washington- I can’t believe I’m penciling in Washington for a 3-0 start. They could be the worst 3-0 team in the league.
Pick: Washington

Tennessee @ New Orleans – Please! Someone save the Saints! I have Reggie Bush in a fantasy league, and he’s killing me!
Pick: New Orleans

Last Week: 10-6
Season: 20-12
Manwich: 2-0 (the Pats just slaughtered the Chargers. Even Schottenheimer was upset.)
Upset of the Week: 1-1 (Hooray! I got one right! Still not sure how the 49ers squeaked it out, but I’ll take it).

No comments: