Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Week 6 – Injury Bug

So Deuce is out for the season, as is Derrick Blaylock. I already lost my bet in Vegas that Curtis Martin would be out for the season, I should have just picked any NY Jet RB. After I finally gave some props to the Eagles last week, it’s as if I cursed them. They just got too confident after last week’s game.

Manwich Matchup of the Week-
New England @ Denver- This will be quite the interesting game. But ultimately, I don’t see how New England will be able to play enough defense to stick around in this game. In addition, if their Nhl counterparts played, the Avalanche would totally smack down the Bruins. Therefore, the Broncos will definately win.
Pick: Denver

Upset of the Week-
Cleveland @ Baltimore – After committing the 2nd most amount of penalties in the history of the NFL, the Ravens have dug themselves into a huge whole. I can’t believe this is happening, but I’m going to make a self-serving pick, as the Browns will have a winning record by the end of the week!
Pick: Cleveland

Atlanta @ New Orleans- The Saints season started so sweetly, as they edged out CAR. I feel terrible that Deuce went down for the season. Part of me wants to pick them, because haslett typically wins every other week w/o fail. But the Falcons should be able to run all over the Saints.
Pick: Atlanta

CAR @ Detroit- CAR’s defense scares me. They’ve had New Orleans, Arizona, Green Bay, and even Miami scoring bunches of points against them. Luckily, they play an NFC North team this week.
Pick: CAR

Cincinnati @ Tennessee- The Bengals should be fine. Meanwhile, McNair is quietly putting together a nice season.
Pick: Cincinnati

Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh- I watched all of 10 minutes of Monday's San Diego-Pittsburgh game, and I got quite sentimental when I saw WR Quincy Morgan. Morgan, a former Brown, was incredible... he was like Randy Moss - fast, tall, jumping ability, ran the routes well, didn't really care to block much for the running game. There's only one difference between Moss & Morgan, in that Morgan drops the ball just about every time. I really missed his being on the Browns when I saw him drop a (potential) 25-yard wide-open reception.
Pick: Pittsburgh

Miami @ Tampa Bay- Not that long ago, Brian Griese was on the Dolphins as a backup QB, wasting away on the bench behind Jay Fiedler. I think he was only on the team because his dad played for the Dolphins and that’s probably what the Great Moustache (Dave Wannstedt) told him. For this week’s game, I picture Griese saying something similar to that quote from A Princess Bride: “You wouldn’t let me succeed like my father did. Prepare to die.”
Pick: Tampa Bay

Minnesota @ Chicago-NFC Norris division games are extremely difficult this year. The Vikings keep burning me, but I figure if I stick w/ them enough I may at least break even.
Pick: Minnesota

NY Giants @ Dallas- Mighty’s new favorite division finally has some divisional games. The Giants are coming off of a bye, while Dallas will be way too cocky from their win over Philly.
Pick: Giants

Washington @ Kansas City- Chiefs win the “Politically Incorrect Game of the Week”
Pick: KC

NY Jets @ Buffalo- I’m so sick of hearing about how Vinny Testatverde is this amazing QB. He’s just average! That’s all! Personally, I was hoping they’d give Neil O’Donnell a second chance.
Pick: Buffalo

San Diego @ Oakland- The Chargers are the best 2-3 team in the land. Dangerous as hell I tell you!
Pick: San Diego

Houston @ Seattle- I tried to tell the Texans that winning last week was imperative. I don’t know when they are going to win, but I’m going to try to avoid picking them as much as possible.
Pick: Seattle

St. Louis @ Indy- I’m guessing Indy gives up more than 6 points in this game. It still won’t matter though!
Pick: Indy

Last week: 6-8 (I’m having a real hard time staying above .500)
Season: 41-33
Manwich Matchup: 2-2 (I guess San Diego was not focused enough. One week, you are crowned as Super Bowl contenders [Eagles, Chargers], the next, you’re just a bunch of trash).
Upset Special: 1-3 (I thought Cincy would keep the undefeated season going. They came close).

No comments: