Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Week 8 - The NFL doesn't have a dress code

I really don't want to get involved in a silly dress code argument, like David Stern does. If I instituted a dress code for the NFL, I would make everyone wear UnderArmour clothing and everyone would have to shout at each other: "We must protect this HOUUUSE!"

Here are the games:

Manwich Matchup of the Week
Philly @ Denver- This one has Denver written all over it. They are going to be mad as hell after their dissappointing loss last week.
Pick: Denver

Upset of the Week
Cleveland @ Houston- I can’t believe Houston is favored. It just makes me sad, and scared. If I only had the power to know if an 0-5 team ever was favored before. I hope that doesn’t count as one of my 3 wishes.
Pick: Cleveland

Ariz @ Dallas- Did you know? Julius Jones is the brother of Thomas Jones. Has there ever been a more successful RB duo that shared DNA? I realize, that the NBA may be blessed in 15 years once Shawn Kemp’s 8 kids start playing.
Pick: Dallas

Chicago @ Detroit- I’m sticking with the home teams in the NFC Norris division.
Pick: Detroit

GB @ Cincy- Carson Palmer will bounce back, faster than you can say .
Pick: Cincy

Jacksonville @ St. Louis- Even when Martz isn’t coaching, he ends up with a story on NFL.com about how he was arguing for a cell-phone to be placed in the offensive coordinator’s booth at the stadium. Basically, he was asking for everyone’s dream, to be able to sit at home in your pajamas while eating pizza and getting a massage while still CALLING PLAYS IN AN NFL GAME. Granted, I just play tecmo bowl for such an experience.
Pick: Jacksonville

Minnesota @ Carolina- Go CAR go. Minnesota never wins on the road. It’s hard to book a sex boat on the road. You don’t even know where the girls have been.
Pick: CAR

Oakland @ Tennessee- I can’t figure out Tennesee. Sometimes they play great defense. Sometimes they shoot the lights out. Who knows.
Pick: Oakland

Wash @ NY Giants- This is a clash of two of my superstitions. 1) The Giants pulled out a huge upset win last week, so I want to pick against them. 2) The Redskins won by more than 30 points, so I want to pick against them. Therefore, I just choose the home team. It’s crazy, I don’t even like the Giants.
Pick: NY Giants

KC @ San Diego- San Diego is the most incredible 3-4 team in the universe. Maybe Marty “the Party” Schottenheimer is saving up something for the post-season. Granted, it’s going to be hard to make at this rate.
Pick: San Diego

Miami @ New Orleans- Ricky Williams plays his old team! Now we just need Ditka to coach Miami.
Pick: New Orleans

TB @ San Fran- Rookie Chris Simms has a great shot at starting out 1-0. But then again, so did that guy picked after Peyton Manning.
Pick: TB

Buffalo @ New England- I can’t avoid the Pats all season.
Pick: new england

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh- How Baltimore has fallen, losing to da Bears. I don’t see how they’re stopping Pitt’s ground game.
Pick: Pittsburgh

Last week: 9-5
Season: 60-42
Manwich Matchup: 3-4 (Damn Eagles blocked FG and TD)
Upset Special: 2-5 (Go Sex boat! Thank you Vikings. Thank you 56-yard FG!)

No comments: