Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Week 10 – Whatever Happened to Predictability?

I had an amazing week last week, going 11-3. The league is becoming predictable again perhaps.

Manwich Matchup of the Week
St. Louis @ Seattle- A pivotal matchup, also considering that Seattle won the first meeting. The outcome could really depend on how healthy Holt and Bruce got over the bye week.
Pick: Seattle

Upset of the Week
KC @ Buffalo- Dick “the Gambler” Vermeil has got to keep his streak going.
Pick: KC

Arizona @ Detroit- These pesky Lions have been a thorn in my side all year when it comes to picking games. On one hand, Kevin Jones is injured. On the other hand, the Cardinals never win on the road. The deciding factor: Kurt Warner jumped into that rejuvenating swimming pool from the movie Cocoon.
Pick: Arizona

Baltimore @ Jacksonville- I looked back at my 2005 NFL Preview. I picked the Ravens to make the final 4. I was wrong. In better news, Kordell Stewart took 1 snap for the Ravens last week. I demand he take at least 2 this week.
Pick: Jacksonville

Houston @ Indy- Andre Johnson lives! He’s apparently healthy and burned the Jags for 90 yards last week. That should be good enough to ensure that they lose to the Colts by only 17 points and cover the 18-point spread.
Pick: Indy

Minnesota @ NY Giants- The Vikings are on the road, which means they get wasted w/ strippers and have no chance of winning.
Pick: NY Giants

New England @ Miami- The Pats are still going to push for the playoffs, despite the thrashing they experienced last week.
Pick: NE

SF @ Chicago- This is going to be 1 ugly game that I frankly could care less about. I saw some guy on ESPN with some sign that said, "Every 20 years..." And I just got mad! The Bears are NOT going to the Super Bowl, let alone competing in it, let alone losing by less than 10.
Pick: Chicago

Denver @ Oakland- The Raiders were real close to being 4-4. Granted, their tough division and schedule doesn’t help them. Neither does their sieve defense.
Pick: Denver

Jets @ CAR- The wheels on the CAR go round and round…
Pick: CAR

Green Bay @ Atlanta- Vick and company always seem much faster on the turf at home.
Pick: Atlanta

Washington @ Tampa Bay- This is an interesting game, with 2 teams going in opposite directions. I just wish Cadillac was healthy, but I have a feeling that TB is going to find a way to stop the slide.
Pick: TB

Cleveland @ Pittsburgh – I’m standing by what I said last week, and I still refuse to pick the Browns.
Pick: Pittsburgh

Dallas @ Philly – A Cowboy win would be a huge step to sealing Philly’s non-playoff fate. I just see an emotional win from Philly after the TO debacle. I just wish TO, McNabb, and Andy “Big Papa” Reid would end this incident like all of those episodes of Full House. The serious music would start to play, Danny Tanner (Andy Reid) would tell Michelle (TO), “You can’t talk to your sibling, Stephanie (McNabb) like that. Did someone tell you to say such mean things?” Then, Michelle (TO) would say something funny to alleviate the tension, like “Oh, I got the advice from Kimmy Gibler (Dennis Rodman). That was pretty silly.” And then, everyone would hug, the episode would end, and the Eagles would go to the playoffs.
Pick: Philly
Last week: 11-3
Season: 80-50
Manwich Matchup: 5-4 (The Colts exorcised some demons)
Upset Special: 2-7 (The Packers just could not finish off Charlie Batch and the Steelers)

No comments: