Thursday, August 04, 2005

F*ck Raffy!

F*ck him. F*ck him, f*ck him, f*ck him.

I'm on the vacation of a lifetime, and even from the other side of the world, news of Palmeiro's positive test has me so boiled, I don't have the words except to say what I already have.

If anyone out there can show this to Rafael Palmeiro, please let him know that we're now onto him, that he had gadzillions of fans who rooted for him, and that now we wish nothing more than immediate retirement and a fade into an eternal disgrace and a joke. May you be the biggest and last big flop to stain our great national pastime.

And in the meantime, fuck off, Raffy. Get the hell out of our game and stay out.

3 comments:

MJ said...

My feeling on Raffy isn't hate or anger as much as sadness. I've always liked him as a player and respected his game. Now, I'm afraid I have to turn my back on him.

The feeling I get in this case reminds me of one of my favorite scenes from the movie "Goodfellas" where Paulie Cicero (Paul Sorvino) is cooking sausages and Henry Hill (Ray Liotta) comes in begging for help after his drug arrest. Paulie gives him $3000 in cash and says "Now, I'm going to have to turn my back on you." That's how I feel with Raffy -- after all the good times he's given me as a fan, I just can't stand by him anymore, he's on his own now.

Mighty Mike said...

Its a sad sad day anytime Jose Canseco is proven correct.

MJ said...

There was never a doubt in my mind that Jose was correct. I liken his situation to the OSU/Clarett/Geiger/Tressel situation from last fall.

Once a guy is so completely ostracized and his credibility (and Q-rating) are at bottom, then that person has no reason to lie or hide any portion of the truth. Clarett was caught doing bad stuff in mid-2003, by late 2004, since he wasn't going to be invited back to OSU, he had no reason not to spill the goods on Andy Geiger and Jim Tressel. No one believed him at first and then, boom, Geiger resigns. Same with Jose. What possible purpose would lying about McGwire, Giambi, Raffy, et al. serve? It's not like baseball was going to welcome him back if he kept his mouth shut so he spilled the beans.

I kind of like Jose, to be honest. I don't think he's done anything wrong here. Sure, we can be angry at him for "breaking the code" or whatever but in the end, he was just being more honest than the pieces of crap that live by a code that lets them cheat.

I'm pretty sure I rambled incoherently here but I'm too lazy to go back and correct my grammar, etc.