Thursday, August 18, 2005

Rocket=Cy Young

While I am drinking my rum and coke this evening since it is a rum and coke Thurs. I decided to turn on ESPN on Direct TV and see what was on. The 'Stros were playing the Brew Crew at Enron Field. I was thinking that I should perhaps write a column on why I think that Rocket Clemens deserves an record setting 8th Cy Young. There has never been a pitcher in my lifetime that has been as dominant as Rocket. As I am watching this he has 5 Ks through 3 IP, and going towards lowering his ML leading 1.32. I say that any starter with over 200 IP that has a ERA lower than 1.50 deserves the Cy Young any year. Anybody who wants to give Carpenter the CY because he plays for the ML leading team Cardinals is just stupid. Rocket ha Anyone want to give me a case for Carpenter or D-Train instead of Rocket? Sorry for sucking Rocket's dick but the man is just incredible. I would say he is hands down the best pitcher of the 90s and 00s, maybe Jose Rijo was better but he had Bo Diaz to back him up. And of course he was born a Dayton Flyer, which doesn't hurt anything.

2 comments:

Mighty Mike said...

I think what has been most impressive about the Rocket has been his performance on the road. He's given up next to nothing. Incrediable.

That said there is still 50 games left in the season so I could it still in the nominating phase for the CY Young or MVP award. Carpenter is definitely somebody who should be up for the award , its just at this point the Rocket is ahead by a ton

B. Hutchens said...

Yeah the fact that he has given up 3 ERs in 73 IP on the road is pretty incredible. That is a nice 0.37 ERA in 73 IP.