Monday, August 15, 2005

Golf

I'm a neophyte to the pleasures (and pains) of golf. I'm part of the Tiger Woods generation -- I only began to care about golf when Tiger showed up and made the game more interesting for the masses. I didn't even get serious about golf until this summer when I found out how much fun it is to hit a little white ball 285 yards straight away -- and that's only cool because Tiger made it cool.

Anyway, the point of this post is to congratulate Phil Mickelson on his victory at the PGA Tournament this morning and to give props to Tiger for bouncing back from a horrendous opening round +5 to finish tied for fourth at -2. Had Tiger played slightly more Tiger-like last Thursday, he'd have won his third major in 2005 and his 11th overall. What's even cooler is that the annoying prick Vijay Singh finished tied for 10th even though he had better rounds than Tiger before the cut. I hate Vijay Singh and I urge all other golf fans to hate him as well. There's nothing pleasant about him and it's just so much fun to root against him. I like knowing that my favorite golfer can suck shit for a day then bounce back and rip up the field but the world's "other" golf superstar can't carry Tiger's jock when ole TW is on his game.

Congrats, Lefty. Way to go, Tiger. You suck, Vijay.

2 comments:

Mighty Mike said...

Vijay is very much an aristrocat. Congrats to Lefty. Over here in Ohio we were rooting for hometown favorite Ben Curtis. But as all golfers know any time you stop on a golf course something can and will go wrong.

Anonymous said...

I should have listened to my dad when he said that I should meet 'this Ben Curtis kid' when I was a freshman and he was a senior at Buckeye Valley High School. Turns out he's the biggest thing to happen to Delaware, Ohio since the sewer plant was re-built...