Saturday, August 13, 2005

Giants v. Brown (Live)

Well I'm stuck doing work so I figured alongside I will do a Back Seat Drivers first....live blogging. So without further ado let’s get to it. I'll be looking at how the lines look, if the players can stay healthy, has Eli progressed, how Charlie Frye does, do the Browns tackle or instead forget and try use two hand touch.

15:00 The first play is a shocker… a Browns' player is hurt. I feel like a Browns player would get hurt getting the paper. Geez can't this team do any sort of live tackling without various appendages falling off. Its just not intimidating having your penis fall off on the field.

13:31 Eli is looking ok so far. He just made a completion to Burress. I think Burress might be a nice pickup. He's a big target and might help stretch the field and give more space for Shockey's tattoo.

11:55 The game is called on a case of boils (ok delay because of lightening). Small note is that the ref doing the game is the same one from the infamous Jag's "flying bottles game." For the record I think he deserved getting attacked by radios and batteries. People work on incentives. If the ref is worried he could be attacked for making a bad call then maybe he won't make bad calls (or be bought off by the mafia to let the Jags win)

Update
9: 13 EST - Apparently the Hell Mouth has closed leaving Cleveland Stadium relatively free of lightening and demonic activity. The Giants are back on the field doing some TaeBo or polaties or so weird disco type stretch maneuver. Looks kind of gay to me (not that theres anything wrong with that)

9:30 After a little confusion from the Cleveland announcing B team (e.g. random former players that would work for sandwiches) its revealed that Eli has thrown a touchdown to Burress. Hey what did I say earlier? I like this connection. Of course the Browns defense put up slightly less resistance than a French army. The linebackers still haven't picked up the nuance of the 3-4 (and by 3-4 I mean coverage).

9: 38 The Browns offensive line seems to do a better job tackling than the defense. I like how Lee Suggs is looking though. He has that extra gear that gives him a burst of speed and he has wiry strength (much like me)

9: 48 Another penalty. These penalties are taking the fun out of this. This is ugly for an exhibition game. I think I'm going to try something slightly more entertaining like re-arranging my sock drawer or reading a math textbook. Or I suppose I could finish up work for my other job. Yeah that’s the ticket.

Concluding Thoughts: The Browns o-line and linebacker corps don't know their assignments or have less talent that a division III school. Eli looks better but still seems to overthrow on occasion. He’s also not making reads very quickly (I say this after he gets sacked). Onto the scrubs. (Surely they can't be serious about this weather.)

1 comment:

Gutsy Goldberg said...

Mighty Mike does have wiry strength. I once saw him pick up a car so I could get the tennis ball that was stuck underneath.